Vin Falcigno has more than thirty-five years of experience in the insurance industry. He founded The Falcigno Group, now known as TFG Insurance Specialties, in 1974. He specialized in risk management and insurance services for firms with pollution liability exposures before the enactment of RECRA, CERCLA and other state and federal laws that govern the hazardous waste management industry. Vin’s regional clients include hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal facilities; environmental remediation contractors; and environmental consultants. He also has given expert testimony on environmental insurance.
Vin was able to easily apply his knowledge of environmental insurance to the growing interest in, and need to develop environmentally impaired real estate. Since the mid 1990s, The Falcigno Group, and now TFG Insurance Specialties, has been involved with the structuring and procurement of environmental insurance for state, municipal and private projects including the following:
- Waterbury Arts & Education Project
- The University of Connecticut, Waterbury Campus
- Eli Whitney Museum, Hamden, CT
- Town of Avon, Thompson Road Greenway
- Town of Westport, Bedford Middle School
- Town of Westport, Barons South Property
- Redevelopment of Francis Hunter Drive, New Haven, CT
- City of New Haven, Benjamin Jepson Magnet School
Vin Falcigno is a Certified Insurance Consultant and Chartered Life Underwriter as well as a licensed insurance broker thoughout New England and New York. He also is a member in good standing with the Environmental Professionals’ Organization of CT and the CBIA Environmental Council.